These blogging tips will help you create a blog that you can use to build a side hustle or even a full-time income.
Professional bloggers are crushing it online and you can do it, too.
Even if the people in your life don’t take you seriously, you can just laugh all the way to the bank. Making money blogging is a thing. Really.
So, no more excuses about not being technically savvy, and all that. Being knowledgeable about technology is not on my list of secrets to a successful blog. What you do need is a willingness to learn and the drive to succeed.
If you want to know why I chose blogging as my second career, you can read my story here. I am not a millennial blogger either. My kids are the millennials, and I am the blogger. If I can do it, you can too.
No matter where you are in life, if you love your flexible schedule, want the freedom to work from anywhere, and want to be your own boss – then blogging might be a good choice for you too.
Get the FREE Blogging 101 Course
What you need to know before you start a blog.
Here you will find blogging tips for beginners all the way through more advanced level articles.
Blogging is not just about writing either. To have a successful blog as your business, you need to learn about entrepreneurship, marketing, branding, and growing your website audience.
You are not just a blogger – you are a business owner.
Before we get started on the blogging tips, if you are serious about starting a blog, then use the form below to sign up for updates and I will send you my free Blogging 101 email course.
This course is designed to give you the information that you need BEFORE you start a blog – so you can make the right decisions and avoid as many mistakes as possible.
Let’s get started. 🙂
Good Blogging Tips By Category
Blogging involves a lot of moving parts, so I have divided my blogging tips into several categories. I am always adding new content so be sure to check back often.
- How to Start a Successful Blog
- Getting Started Blogging is Easier Than You Think
- How to Choose a Topic for Your Blog
- Setting Achievable Blogging Goals that Make Sense
- Is Self Hosted WordPress Right for You?
- Choose Your Blog Expert Wisely
- 5 Reasons For Starting a Website Yesterday
- The True Cost of a WordPress Website
- The 3 Pillars of Your Blog’s Foundation
- See All Blogging Basics Articles Here
- 5 Places to Find Content Ideas for Your Blog
- What is Content Marketing, Exactly?
- Will the Words Quality Content Make You Quit Blogging?
- Your Readers are Morons – Writing for the Web
- Read More Content Marketing Tips Here
- Why I Chose ConvertKit Over Other Email Service Providers
- How Often Should You Write to Your Email List?
- 10 Things to Include In Your Email Signature
- Use Marketing Emails That You Get to Learn From The Best
- Are You Ignoring These Key Pages in Email Marketing?
- Read More Email Marketing Tips Here
- Why Food Blogger Pro – Everything You Need to Know About Food Blogging
- The Art of Food Photography
- See All Tips for Food Blogging Here
Search Engine Optimization
- What is SEO? A Beginner’s Guide
- The Google Penalty for Pop Ups on Mobile is Almost Here
- See All SEO Tips Here
- Best Time To Post On Social Media
- 7 LinkedIn Profile Mistakes That are Costing You Business
- Who Should You Follow On Twitter?
- Can Your Facebook Friends Find Your Business?
- See all Social Media Posts here
- How To Resize Images on a Mac
- What You Need to Know About File Types to Work More Efficiently
- More Technology Tips and Tutorials Here
- What You Need To Know About Image Copyright
- Getting Started with the PicMonkey Photo Editor
- Canva Tutorial: How to Create a Thin Rectangle Outline
- More Website Graphics Tips Here
- How to Get Website Traffic Without Feeling Pushy
- How to Get More Traffic to Your Blog
- View all Website Traffic Tips Here
- How to Install Genesis for WordPress
- SiteGround WordPress Hosting Tutorial
- Are Your Website Colors Scaring Readers Away?
- How to Change Permalinks in WordPress
- See all WordPress Tips here
Are You Creative?
Professional blogging is perfect for creative types because you can really customize every aspect of your blogging business.
One thing to keep in mind is that free blogging tips will only get you so far. Eventually, you may need to invest in some blogging courses to take your website to the next level.
Somewhere in the middle of my own blogging journey, I invested in a course called Elite Blog Academy. The skills that I learned in this course completely transformed my approach to blogging, and for the first time in what was years, my income and my blog traffic started to increase.
Right now, Ruth – the author of EBA is offering a fantastic freebie – the Blog Organization Blueprint to help you structure or restructure the content on your blog to get better results.
This worksheet is actually very similar to an assignment in Unit 1 of the Elite Blog Academy course – and I continue to refer back and tweak this worksheet that I completed a few years ago. It’s that valuable. So, I suggest that you grab you own copy of the worksheet while it is still available for free.
Even More Blogging Tips
I hope you find this round up of blogging tips to be extremely useful in your blogging business. I always updating this page with new information, so check back often.
You can also check out our Blogging for Beginners FAQ’s here.