Attorney David Lizerbram discusses what bloggers need to know about trademarks and copyrights and legal issues that freelancers often face.
David Lizerbram is an attorney in private practice based in San Diego CA. He is also the host of Products of the Mind, a podcast about the intersection of business + creativity.
David Lizerbram & Associates was founded in 2005 in San Diego, California with the goal of providing high-quality legal services to entrepreneurs both locally and nationwide. Since the firm’s creation, David has assisted with a large variety of business matters. His clients have varied in size from solo entrepreneurs to publicly traded companies. David has provided legal guidance on multimillion-dollar rounds of fundraising, negotiated strategic partnerships with nationwide businesses and nonprofits, managed international intellectual property portfolios, and advised many innovative startups.
In This Episode
- Learn about David, his law practice, and what sparked his passion for working with people that are creative
- What copyright issues should bloggers think about before they start their businesses and as they create their content.
- Intellectual property – trademarks, patents, trade secrets, and copyrights
- How copyright applies to words and photos.
- How copyright applies to recipes – important for food bloggers.
- How understanding copyright law can unleash your creativity
- Trademarks – what they are and how to properly use them
- The difference between a trademark and a registered trademark and best practices
- Using photos on your website legally
- What is fair use?
- In what situations should a blogger hire an attorney?
Thank You For Joining Us!
Thanks for joining David and myself on Episode 30 of The Almost Practical Podcast.
I welcome all feedback – so please leave a comment using the form below.
And please help us spread the word. Use the social sharing buttons below to tell your friends, family, and followers about us.
Also, please take a minute to leave a review for The Almost Practical Podcast on iTunes! Your ratings are extremely helpful in ranking a new podcast like this one.
Of course, you can subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates directly to your phone or device.
Thank you, David, for talking with us this week!
View all episodes in our Podcast Archive here.
Never Miss Another Episode!
Be sure to sign up for updates from Almost Practical. Our weekly newsletter highlights the podcast of the week and brings you great ideas for growing your business.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links which means that I stand to make a small commission at no additional cost to you if you click through a link and make a purchase.