These WordPress tutorials will help you learn how to use WordPress.
As a beginner blogger, it was a big deal for me to finally start a blog on WordPress (back then it looked a lot different than it does today).
Want Exclusive Blogging Tips?
Subscribe to our blogging newsletter using the form below. I no longer publish blogging articles here, I only send them via email.
It was like the air had left my balloon.
I actually felt deflated – because I really didn’t know what to do next.
I was staring at this “Hello world” post and a bunch of random comments on a bare bones, ugly site that looked nothing like all of the beautiful sites out there.
Through lots of trial and error, I have come a long way since that time (thank goodness!)
But I haven’t forgotten that feeling of desolation, that feeling that perhaps I had gotten myself in way over my head.
The good news is that it gets easier because you will learn new things about WordPress every single day.
However, you need to work at it – which means you can’t give up.
To help you, I have put together some WordPress tutorials – you can see the list below.
Chances are, if you have a particular question – someone else has the same one too.
Basic WordPress Tutorials
There is never a question that is too basic.
Here are some clarifications to common sources of confusion when it comes to WordPress
- What is the Difference Between a Blog and a Website?
- What is the Difference Between a Post and a Page in WordPress?
- What is a Landing Page?
- How to change your permalinks in WordPress
- How to install Genesis for WordPress
- How to install a WordPress plugin
WordPress Theme Reviews
WordPress Plugin Tips
How To Design Your WordPress Blog
Once you have installed your choice of WordPress Theme and your WordPress plugins – I have news for you …
Your blog still will not look the way that you want it to.
You will want to tweak the look and the colors and the fonts – and generally waste lots of time. 😉
Here are some WordPress tutorials to help:
- How to use a mood board to help you with your web design.
- Use a Website Colors Cheat Sheet to keep track of your hex codes
- Make sure your website header includes these elements as well.
Other WordPress Tips
Your blog should be a secure site using SSL (contact your WordPress hosting company to help you with this). But sometimes a page or a post become unsecure.
Blogging is very visual these days. Coming up with great graphics is one the hardest parts of being a blogger.
What WordPress Tutorials Would You Like to See?
On this blog, I write WordPress tutorials based on the questions that I receive from my readers.
If you don’t see an answer to your question here – check out our Blogging for Beginners FAQ’s.
If it’s not there either ask in the comments below.
If I know the answer, I will try and post a WordPress tutorial about it.
Recommended Blogging Resources
If you don’t have your own website yet, use some of these resources to get started:
- Bluehost WordPress Hosting – get cheap WordPress hosting for as little as $3.95 per month for your first year
- The Genesis Framework and StudioPress Themes for WordPress – SEO friendly and powerful WordPress themes with great customer support
- Restored316 Designs – beautiful feminine WordPress themes that run on Genesis
- Check out all my favorite blogging tools here.
Pin this article to your favorite board on Pinterest to refer to later.