Stupid Simple SEO by Mike Pearson is a comprehensive SEO course that is very useful for bloggers.
What is Stupid Simple SEO?
Stupid Simple SEO is a course authored by Mike Futia (also known as Mike Pearson).
If you don’t know Mike – he has started several blogs in different niches, and has made over $200,000 from Amazon’s affiliate program – which is pretty impressive.
He grew his Google rankings and Google traffic through SEO (search engine optimization) strategies – and clearly, they worked.
So, he created a course – Stupid Simple SEO – where he shares what he has learned with his students.
The Stupid Simple SEO course is only available for purchase four times per year and over 1,100 students (including me!) have taken the course.
What Makes This SEO Course Different?
I have taken many different SEO courses throughout my blogging career.
So, even before purchasing this course, I felt like I had a good handle on SEO.
I was already getting a decent amount of my traffic from Google.
Because I thought I already knew “enough” about SEO, I did not buy this course right away.
I would see the cart open and close and open and close.
In many of the Facebook groups that I belong to, people would rave about Stupid Simple SEO but yet I resisted.
Until the last sale.
I finally bit the bullet and jumped on board at the Advanced tier – go big or go home, right?
Anyhow – mind blown.
Stupid Simple SEO was so much more actionable than any other SEO course that I have ever taken.
I already knew the theory – but I never had a step by step action plan that I could follow.
This course helped me to:
- identify specific keywords that qualified as “easy to rank for” for my blogs
- analyze the competition in my niche
- create a blog content calendar for several months of blog posts
- evaluate my progress and course correct as needed.
Basically, it took the guesswork out of SEO for me, and gave me a roadmap to follow.
Already, several of the posts that I have written about content that I identified through this course are ranking on page 1 and 2 in the Google results for the main keyword.
Who Is Stupid Simple SEO good for?
Stupid Simple SEO is a good course for established bloggers that want to learn more about growing their traffic through SEO.
If you get a lot of traffic from Pinterest – or have seen a negative impact from all the Pinterest algorithm changes, then learning more about SEO can definitely benefit you.
You should recognize the importance of leveraging SEO for your blog and you should also be ready to put in the work.
To set the foundation for your SEO plan you will need to dedicate a solid week to doing the research and going through the modules.
What You Will Learn
I’ll take this answer straight from the materials in the course:
Stupid Simple SEO is an all-video course that includes 55+ lessons with 11+ hours of video on the following topics and includes a private Facebook group:
- How to set up your blog for SEO success
- Why user intent & blog relevance is so important
- How to do proper keyword research
- How to create and optimize content that ranks
- How to do SEO for affiliate marketing
- Link building 101
- How to do guest posting for backlinks
- How to do a “blogger roundup” to get links
- How to do blogger outreach
- How to use Help A Reporter Out to get links
After finishing (and doing ALL the work) for this course, you should have a good handle on:
- understanding SEO concepts
- how to increase your Google rankings and your organic/Google traffic
- making more affiliate sales
- knowing how to target the right keyword
- understanding how to write content that ranks
- how to increase your domain authority with backlinks
Take the FREE SEO Bootcamp
If you are on the fence about this course – Mike Futia also offers a FREE SEO Bootcamp.
This bootcamp offers 5 bite sized lessons that will give you a taste of Mike’s teaching style and an idea of what to expect should you sign up for Stupid Simple SEO.
You can click the button below to sign up.
Not sure whether Stupid Simple SEO is right for you? Sign up for the FREE SEO Bootcamp taught by Mike Futia and get a taste of what is inside the full course.
Is Stupid Simple SEO Right for You?
It is an individual decision and the Stupid Simple SEO course is an investment – so you should be honest with yourself as you decide.
Ask yourself some of these questions:
- Would you like to focus your blogging efforts on getting more traffic and growth from SEO (as opposed to other channels like Pinterest, Facebook, etc)?
- Are you willing to put in the time and effort to do the work?
- Do you want more direction on what blog posts to create and what to write about?
- Is your competition outperforming you? Do you want more insights as to why their content is doing better?
I also encourage you to reach out to visit the sales page for more details and reach out to Mike and his team with any specific questions you might have.
Mike also created a course called Niche Site Academy – you can learn more about that here.
I feel that this course was a good addition to my blogging toolbox.