I made this kale smoothie recipe yesterday – and it was refreshing.
Like most of us, I am trying to get more greens into my diet every day.
Kale, as we know, is a superfood – or a salad bar garnish, depending on how you look at it.
Never Miss Another Recipe!
Use the form below to sign up for our newsletter and get new recipes right in your inbox.
But I digress.
For this kale smoothie I use my Ninja IQ blender on the Extract setting.
Kale Smoothie Ingredients
All you need is
- about 1 cup of chopped kale
- 1/2 cup of cubed cantaloupe
- the juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 1/2 cups of coconut water
Add the cantaloupe to the blender jar.
Top with chopped kale.
Drizzle with lemon juice.
Pour coconut water over top.
Use the extract setting on your Ninja blender or blend until smooth on a different model.
Drink your greens!
Health Benefits of Kale
Why should you add kale to your diet?
Well, for starters kale is:
- high in fiber and low in fat
- it has lots of iron, vitamin A, vitamin K, and Calcium
- and it has powerful antioxidants
On top of that, the cantaloupe adds more vitamin A, vitamin K, and a host of B vitamins.
Seriously, I know that donuts taste better – but having some daily greens is kind of a cheap insurance policy.Seriously, I know that donuts taste better - but having some daily greens is kind of a cheap insurance policy.Click To Tweet
Print This Recipe
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 1/2 cup cantaloupe, cubed
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 1/2 cups coconut water
- Add the cantaloupe to the blender jar.
- Top with chopped kale.
- Drizzle with lemon juice.
- Pour coconut water over top.
- Use the extract setting on your Ninja blender or blend until smooth on a different model.
- Drink your greens!
Did You Try this Kale Smoothie Recipe?
Tell me how you liked it.
Leave a comment below.
Even More Recipes