It’s really easy to make spaghetti squash if you use your Instant Pot.
This is how you do it.
What You Will Need
To make this recipe you will need:
- your Instant Pot (obviously) – typically I use my 6 quart size,
- the trivet that came with your Instant Pot,
- a cutting board,
- a large chef knife,
- a serrated grapefruit spoon,
- spaghetti squash,
Picking Your Spaghetti Squash
This recipe actually starts at the grocery store.
Make sure you pick a squash that will fit inside your Instant Pot.
If the squash that you choose is too big, you will have to cut it down to fit inside the pot.
This is not so easy to do because spaghetti squash has a really tough exterior – the less cuts the better.
Prepare Your Spaghetti Squash
That being said, I do cut the spaghetti squash in half before cooking.
Using a large sharp knife, I cut the squash in half lengthwise very CAREFULLY.
Don’t rush through this because you don’t want to get hurt.
Make a small cut, wiggle the knife out, make a small cut until you get all the way around.
Split the squash open.
Using a combination of a smaller knife and a serrated grapefruit spoon, scrape out all the seeds and seed fibers.
Using a garbage bowl really helps at this stage in the process.
Prepare Your Instant Pot
Place the trivet inside the inner stainless steel pot of your Instant Pot.
Pour 1 cup of water into the pot as well.
Place one of the squash halves cut side up on top of the trivet in the pot.
Stack the second have of the squash, cut side up also, on top of the first half.
Cook the Squash
Close the lid of the Instant Pot with the valve in the sealing position.
Set the pot on high pressure and the manual setting for 10 minutes.
When done, turn off the keep warm function and let the pressure drop naturally.
Once the pressure valve has dropped, carefully open the lid of the Instant Pot (there will be a lot of steam so be careful).
The squash will be too hot to handle. So, you can either, let the squash a bit inside the pot, or use a pair of long handled tongs to transfer the squash to your cutting board.
Separate the Squash from the Shell
Once you can safely handle the squash, take a fork and separate the fibers from the shell.
It will look like spaghetti – you may even fool a few people!
Transfer the spaghetti squash to a serving bowl and serve warm.
You can serve it with sauce as an alternative to pasta. Or add some herbs and parmesan cheese and serve as a side dish with your favorite meal.
Print This Recipe
- 1 small spaghetti squash
- 1 cup water
- Select a smallish spaghetti squash that will easily fit inside the inner pot of your Instant Pot.
- Using a large knife, carefully cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the inner seeds and seed fibers. A serrated grapefruit spoon works well for this.
- Place the trivet that came with your Instant Pot inside the inner pot of your Instant Pot.
- Pour one cup of water into the inner pot.
- Place one of the seeded spaghetti squash halves on the trivet inside the inner pot - seeded side up.
- Stack the other half of the seeded spaghetti squash, seeded side up as well, on top of the half that is already in the Instant Pot.
- Close and lock the lid of the Instant Pot and put the valve in the "sealing" position.
- Set the Instant Pot to Manual, high pressure, for 10 minutes.
- When the cooking time is done, let the pressure drop manually.
- After the pressure has dropped, carefully open the lid of the Instant Pot.
- When the squash is cool enough to handle, remove the squash from the Instant Pot and transfer to a cutting board.
- Use a fork to pull the squash away from the shell.
- Transfer the squash strands to a serving bowl.
- Serve and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Instant Pot Duo Nova Pressure Cooker 7 in 1, 6 Qt, Best for Beginners
Stainless Steel Grapefruit Spoons for Citrus Fruit, Rainbow Magic Mirror Finish Serrated Grapefruit Spoons, Watermelon Dessert Spoon Set of 4
Walnut Cutting Board by Mevell, Large Wood Cutting Board for Kitchen, Reversible with Juice Groove,17x11
WÜSTHOF Classic 9 Inch Chef’s Knife | Full-Tang Classic Cook’s Knife | Precision Forged High-Carbon Stainless Steel German Made Chef’s Knife – Model 4582-7/23
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 65Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 45mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 2g
Occasionally, you will find nutrition information provided with recipes on AlmostPractical.com - this information is created from online calculators and is an ESTIMATE only. I am not a nutritionist or registered dietician. Nutritional information can vary depending on the brands and the actual ingredients that you use. By using this site and it's contents, you agree to hold harmless AlmostPractical.com and its owners for any loss or damage you incur that results from your use of the nutritional information provided by this site.