I recently received a copy of the book Sweet Dreams by Jewel from Simon & Schuster for this children's book review.
Sweet Dreams is About The Strength of a Mother's Love
Every book has a message and this story is all about the strength of a mother’s love for her child.
A mother and her son set off in the night on a boating adventure through the skies – collecting twinkling stars that shine just for the baby.
The mother shows her devotion to her child by telling him that the world was gray before he was born – but once his love found her, life became alive.
When a child is young, his mother is his entire world, and nothing makes him/her happier or more secure than knowing that she loves him unconditionally.
That theme is prevalent in Sweet Dreams and it is such a wonderful message to send to our children.
A Reminder for Moms
It is only now that my children are older that I realize how important that I was to them in their early years.
As moms, sometimes we are just bone tired with toddlers running around that all we want is a little quiet time to ourselves.
This book serves as a reminder that while the minutes seem to drag – the years just fly.
Fathers are Important Too
Obviously, fathers play an important role in a child’s life as well.
While the mom plays a larger role in this story, dad enters the picture towards the end and picks up the sleeping baby cradling him in a warm embrace – making him feel safe and secure.
Sweet Dreams by Jewel is A Musical Lullaby
The author, Jewel, is a talented singer, songwriter, poet, actress, and mom. Included with the book is a four minute CD featuring Jewel singing “Sweet Dreams”.
This book is available in hardcover with cd at Amazon.com.
There is a Kindle edition (with audio recording) available for Kindle as well, but I am not sure how the audio recording portion works.
More Kids Toy and Book Reviews You Might Like
- Jixelz Toy Review
- Crayola Take Note! Felt Tip Pens Review
- Stink Bug Card Game Review
- College Student Gift Idea – An Awesome XBOX Mug
- Sweet Suite 2018 – A Sneak Peek at the Hottest Holiday Toys
- Crayola Take Note Erasable Highlighters Review
- Cupcake Surprise Dolls – A Fun Twist on an Old Favorite
- Junkyard by Mike Austin – Children's Book Review
- Octopus's Garden – A Children's Book By Ringo Starr
- Yellow is My Color Star by Judy Horacek – A Children's Book Review
- Sweet Dreams by Jewel
- Children's Book Review – Warning! Do Not Open This Book